Sunday, September 16, 2007

Unforgetable teacher

Mrs. Owen was one of the native English speakers who taught me English when I was studying in secondary school. I do not remember the way she taught. But she is the one that I cannot forget.

It was the first year she started teaching in my school. I was a F.2 student. My classmates and I were so curious about her because we did not met any foreigners before. She seemed to be different among other teachers at that time. However, none of us tried to speak to her after class because we were so shy to speak in English. Until one day, my classmate invited me to join her group which aimed at practising our oral skill in English. It seemed interesting so I joined in. At first, I thought there were just three of us to discuss something about entertainment such as pop idols and songs. In fact, Mrs. Owen was there. She specially prepared some activities for us. We met every Friday after lunch, sometimes even after school. It was not her obligation to do this for us. She did it.

When I was studying in metric class, she was my class mistress. The academic performance of my class was not so good. Many teachers just blamed us (I know they were worried about us). But she was the one that encouraging us. She even invited another native English teacher to help us practising the examination skills after school.

Although I do not remember the way she taught me English, I do remember her love and care to us. Thank You Mrs Owen!

2 comments:

Sophia Yip said...

I agree with you that the care and love teachers sought on students are always the first thing that comes into students' minds. Probably it encourages students to enjoy the class.

Joyce LeeKi said...

Hi~Ryan, I think you are so lucky because you get a good English teacher to teach and help you. I remember my Net teacher didn't care about us much, she just teach according to the schedule and she always sick therefore, I usually do other stuff in English lessons (>_<)